Data Visualization Specialist Full time
€ 45.800* gross/year * salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications
The Complexity Science Hub is a unique institution in Europe for research on complex systems. More than 70 established scientists develop directly applicable insights for societal issues in the fields of health and data-driven medicine, climate research, mobility, risks in supply chains, social cohesion, and democracy. To strengthen our data visualization team, we are searching for a Data Visualization Specialist
The main task is the communication of complex quantitative information by means of graphical representations. Responsibilities include (1) the design and creation of data visualizations and data stories for publications and science dissemination; (2) the conception and construction of interactive data visualization projects; (3) the support of researchers and scientists with visualization guidelines of charts, diagrams, and infographics.
- Strong skills in data visualization and information design
- Sense for aesthetics in visual presentation and familiar with storytelling techniques
- Familiar with or willing to learn front-end development of interactive data visualizations (d3.js)
- Excellent command of English
- Ability and motivation to learn new techniques
- Creative, proactive, self-organized, and team-oriented personality
Nice to have one or some combinations of these:
- Experience with 3D graphics (Three.js / WebGL, etc.)
- Experience in the creation of animated videos or graphics
- Experience with databases, large-data handling, or python
- Experience with server-based web services, e.g., flask, node.js
- Experience in digital journalism
A position, physically based in Vienna, in a dynamic, creative, internationally oriented, and open working environment. Austrian social insurance (ao health, pension), five weeks of paid vacation. The variety of projects at the Hub will allow you to engage in new and hot topics and to collaborate with world renowned scientists.
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Visualization Specialist” until February 28, 2023. Application material includes a CV, and a one-page motivation letter, a copy of your degree/s, and any additional material showing your computational skills and creativity. CSH is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants. All employment decisions are therefore based on job requirements, qualifications, merit, and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. The CSH Vienna processes your personal data in accordance with the law (www.csh.ac.at/data-protection/).