Are you creatively minded yet data and insight-driven?
Do you enjoy designing visualisations and dashboards that deliver a great user experience?
About our Team
The Analytics and Insights team in the Technology Infrastructure and Operations function develops high-quality management reporting regarding Elsevier’s technology infrastructure and operational performance. The team works with operations and infrastructure colleagues, senior management across Technology and the wider business to deliver robust insights about Elsevier’s technology estate.
About the Role
You will develop and maintain reporting on Elsevier’s vast multi-cloud infrastructure estate and operational performance for senior stakeholders across the business. Engaging with stakeholders across Technology, you will gather requirements and translate these into compelling data visualisations, dashboards and reports on how we best manage our AWS resources, software assets and other areas of operational performance.
- Creating reports, dashboards and data visualizations which provide clear and actionable insights for operations teams and senior stakeholders
- Designing and implementing intuitive reports in Tableau geared towards optimal user experience
- Managing reports across the full lifecycle including discovery, iterative development, testing, deployment, maintenance and end-user support
- Data cleansing, preparation and modelling to produce analysis-ready datasets
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and cross-functional project teams to establish reporting requirements and translate them into user stories.
- Documenting design process and release of reports and maintaining data governance documentation
- Identifying data anomalies and inconsistencies, ensuring data accuracy and quality of reporting.
- Have demonstrable experience in a data analytics or business intelligence role
- Possess Tableau expertise, strong data visualization and UI design skills
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, data profiling and cleansing
- Have proficiency with SQL to extract and transform data. Experience with relational databases
- Have excellent communication skills and experience engaging effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Strong technical writing skills
- Provide a link to Tableau Public profile or other data visualisation portfolio either with your application or share these at the interview stage