As a Data Visualization/HCI Scientist in our Decision Sciences Visualization team, you will create innovative visual analytics systems that reveal, explore and explain complex patterns and phenomena from Epsilon’s peta-scale and massively-dimensional digital marketing ecosystem. You will reduce this complexity into sophisticated, interactive visual metaphors and stories that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s platform directly to our stakeholders and global customers (which includes some of the world’s largest brands). Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of highly detailed individual profiles across hundreds of millions of web sites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles trillions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data.
You will be a key member of a highly talented and multi-disciplinary R&D team creating a full-stack visual analytics system that connects to big data platforms and machine learning systems to present complex enterprise-critical information in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner. This is a multi-faceted team effort involving an array of technologies such as D3.js, React, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Elastic Search, GPU clusters and more. As a Visualization/HCI Scientist on this team we are looking for strong candidates with extensive experience in building interactive full-stack systems with sophisticated analytical and visual front ends. You must have a passion for communication through elegant visual interfaces, and the hands-on knowledge to build that vision into reality.
Our team is highly agile and innovative. In the last year+ we have moved from whiteboard to a robust production system that is widely used throughout the organization. The team is strongly supported throughout the Epsilon organization and at the highest levels to continue with that innovation. This is a golden opportunity to contribute to research-grade innovation with high impact in the real world.
- Research and design of innovative visual analytics systems that demonstrate the value of the Epsilon platform and that help our clients to understand how their customers interact with them in complex digital marketing ecosystems.
- Implement production versions of the visual analytics views and components using your programming skills in React, D3, TypeScript, and Express.
- Design and develop a full stack interactive visual analytics system that connects to big-data sources and machine learning algorithms on the back end, and that connects to a range of user classes on the front end from technical specialist to sales/marketing and clients.
- Design and develop user scaffolding to support the visual analytics system to create for a rich collaborative environment.
- Work closely with the Analytics and Decision Sciences teams to understand intricacies of the AI and machine learning models in such a way that we can demonstrate to the client how those models interact with their customers.
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon’s Digital Media Services (DMS) personalization platform and proprietary datasets.
- Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary R&D team with shared and overlapping responsibilities, all in support of a strong mission with purpose and proven results.
- A Ph.D. (or Master’s degree plus at least four years of highly relevant experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, HCI, UX/UI or a related discipline
- Extensive experience with developing interactive visual analytics systems, from front end to back end and API development, supporting the full-stack application.
- Solid UX design skills: you are not just a programmer to spec, but have a sense for UX/UI design and the ability to do rapid iteration from discovery to design to prototype to product.
- A beautiful portfolio of prior work that highlights your skills as an individual contributor or as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Passion to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups
Job Requirements – Additional, But Not Required
- Experience programming visualizations with React, TypeScript, and Express
- Experience with docker deployments.
- Experience with SQL or other databases for back end development.
- Experience with Elastic Search or GPU databases.
- Foundational graphic design knowledge: you know how to use layout, color and typography to make interfaces look beautiful.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/PublicisGroupe/743999820780371-data-visualization-scientist-human-computer-interaction-ds-visualization-team-remote
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org