Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is seeking consultants with advanced skills in Tableau and other BI platforms to support a number of data visualization and dashboard activities in the areas of HIV/AIDS and COVID-19.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and develop intuitive, clear and visually appealing interactive data visualizations, maps, and reports in Tableau to communicate compelling stories using global health and HIV/AIDS data
- Apply human centered design and UI/UX best practices to develop, test, and iterate on data visualization designs
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, data analysts, data architecture/engineering team, software developers, monitoring and evaluation specialists, and other data visualization experts throughout the data visualization process (conceptualization, requirements gathering, wireframe development, data modeling, design and execution, testing, iteration, and deployment)
- Ensure developed visualizations meet a high standard of quality, consistency, usability and reliability, in compliance with data visualization best practices
- Engage in best practices methodological processes in data visualization, including robust validation processes, testing/deployment procedures, and user experience quality checks
- Apply consistent design and aesthetic style across visualizations to maintain a standard ‘look and feel’
- Build customized visualization and data report extracts
- Develop and manage training materials and sessions to orient end users on how to best interact with dashboards and interpret analytics
- Identify and assist in resolving data issues to ensure data quality, integrity and accuracy
- Work closely with clients, technical staff, and end users to understand analytic needs, test and iterate solutions, troubleshoot platform issues, and develop appropriate solutions
- Effectively communicate project status, progress, risks, and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to data analytics, data visualization, computer information systems, computer science, data management, information technology, information science, or informatics
- Three to five years of relevant professional hands-on experience developing analytic dashboards and data visualization products for health-related projects
- Demonstrated experience with visual reporting tools such as Tableau (required) and other similar BI tools
- Advanced level of Tableau analytic skills, including calculated fields (and level of detail expressions), actions, parameters and case functions, and experience building interactive dashboards with drill-downs, navigation, and toggle functions. Tableau certification is a plus.
- Experience setting up predetermined visualization exports and advanced data exports functions
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, or other languages to query large databases and extract, join and transform data.
- Solid understanding of relational databases.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau software optimization and configuration, including configuring and using groups, access, and scheduling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of global health indicators, especially PEPFAR/HIV MER indicators, is an asset
- Experience working with multiple disparate data sources
- Professional verbal and written fluency in English, and a second language (French, Portuguese, or Spanish) strongly preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, global team
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Critical thinking, with proactive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to diagnose technical, visual, and data issues independently
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe
Please submit a CV and a portfolio of visualizations for review, highlighting static and interactive visualizations build using data visualization best practices and techniques in Tableau. Please also include requirements for hourly rate as well as the number of hours and days of the week available during business hours. A portfolio is required to apply for this position.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.