This is an exciting opportunity for a PowerBI Developer to join a mission driven, global organisation working at the forefront of responsible sourcing and production of agricultural commodities around the world.
What will you do?
As a Power BI Developer, you will work with responsible sourcing project teams to help companies such as Nestlé, PepsiCo, Mars, Unilever, and Cargill deliver meaningful environmental and social positive outcomes in their supply chains and production base. You will
- Work with our teams to understand clients’ data, decision making, and reporting needs
- Calculate key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure environmental and social positive outcomes
- Design, develop and maintain Power BI dashboards and reports
- Extract and validate data from various sources
- Advise clients on secure mechanisms to store, share and maintain their PowerBI dashboards and associated data
- Operationalise Proforest data visualisation guidance to ensure standardisation, clarity, and an engaging user experience for internal and client Power BI dashboards
- Build internal data capabilities in our wider team though training and knowledge sharing
What is your profile?
You will have:
- 2-4 years of experience designing and implementing Power BI solutions
- Strong knowledge of Power BI and its capabilities, including data visualisation, connecting and visualising spatial data in Power BI, data modelling, and report design
- Experience in extracting, cleaning, and transforming data from multiple, dispersed sources.
- Proficiency in manipulating Excel datasets, use of SQL / Power Query, and DAX
- Excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities, and a proven ability to deliver to tight timelines
- Ability to explain data and technical concepts to a non-technical team or client audience
- Unrestricted right to work in the EU or UK.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
Experience with any of the following would be advantageous, but not essential, as we can provide training and support:
- Smartsheets, Azure, Paginated Reports, Power Automate, and Power Apps
- Spatial data via ArcGIS or other spatial data analysis software
- Environmental, social or climate related work/voluntary activities in a forestry or agricultural setting
- Working in a project based or consultancy setting, and/or a multi-cultural environment
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French, Portuguese, Bahasa, or Mandarin
Why join us?
- This role allows for remote, hybrid, or office-based working; and can be full- or part-time depending on the needs of the individual
- We invest heavily in our team’s professional development, with annual global knowledge exchange weeks, visits to producer countries for commodity learning journeys, and budget for staff to attend conferences and gain formal certifications
- We allocate every team member time on internal knowledge projects, to allow them to keep up with current thinking in areas of technical interest
- We assign every employee to a senior team member for mentoring and career guidance
- We are a truly global organisation with offices and staff in more than 17 countries, speaking more than 40 languages; and offer 3–6-month staff secondments to other locations
- Our European offices are based in the centre of Oxford, UK and Leiden, The Netherlands; they are easily reached via public transport and are cycle friendly
- At our heart is a friendly and supportive work environment, made up of people determined to make a difference in sustainable agricultural production
- Salary: £34,000-£45,000 (EUR 38,000 – 50,000) depending on experience
25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Pension scheme, income protection and life insurance
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 31st March 2023.
Please include details of your right to work in the UK or the Netherlands
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org