Website The Pivot Group
Strategy that moves you to victory.
Pivot is seeking a Data Analyst to join our targeting analytics team for the 2021-2022 election cycle. This is a fully remote position reporting to the Director of Targeting & Analytics. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, a passion for data driven strategy and a commitment to bringing about real progressive victories across the US.
This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2022 with competitive salary and benefits. The nature of our business requires long hours during the election cycle and we expect all staff to be flexible in this area. However, Pivot works to ensure all staff maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Aid in the creation of strategic targeting plans
- Run queries in voter file databases
- Clean, combine and process data files from a variety of sources
- Develop clear reports that summarize findings for both technical and nontechnical users
- Experience with a coding language, such as Python, R, SQL, SPSS or Stata Experience with and advanced proficiency in Excel or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Flexible and can quickly adapt to fit team needs
- Please include the word “Scuba” somewhere in your cover letter
- Ability to communicate your work to clients and colleagues outside the data team
- Interest in or passion for progressive politics and data science
- Political experience preferred but not required for this position
We understand that no applicant will meet 100% of the above qualifications. If you are interested in the role and believe you have the right skill set, we want to hear from you.
Applicants located in or able to work from a state where Pivot is registered as an employer are preferred. Eligible states include: AL, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MT, MS, NJ, NY, OH, OR, VA, and WI.
The salary range for this position is $5,000 – $5,833 per month, based off employee experience. There is also the opportunity for end of election bonuses, based off individual and firm performance.
In keeping with our commitment to a healthy workplace, all staff receive the following:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Meal stipends
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to progressive causes, organizations and campaigns across the country. And we’ve created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.thepivot.com
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us directly at 202-524-0048 or firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will assist you.
The responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are guidelines – we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit thepivot.bamboohr.com.