Website Universal Music Group
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Audience, marketing, and eCommerce data are becoming more deeply ingrained with music every day. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG’s Analytics & Insights team within the Global eCommerce & Marketing group is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to help unify data sources, package analyses, and communicate meaningful insights to internal, label, and artist management audiences.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Serve an instrumental role in the lifecycle of a reporting product, from stakeholder kick-off through business enablement
- Foster relationships with other label, marketing, eCommerce, and operations teams to gather, scrutinize, and document business requirements
- Design advanced, compelling, actionable data visualizations for a variety of different stakeholder audiences, including C-Suite
- Help drive enterprise-wide product engagement and adoption via regular data QA and troubleshooting
- Actively innovate and enhance our suite of tools to maintain a best-in-class service offering
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of direct experience in BI development and reporting
- High-level proficiency in SQL with proven ability to write complex queries
- High-level proficiency in customizing and managing BI tool frontend environments (Domo is a big plus)
- Experience with mobile-first application design and best practices
- Highly accustomed to using Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with polished written and verbal communication skills
- Be a critical thinker who values the importance of always putting data into the appropriate context
- A seasoned team player, accustomed to managing multiple projects with separate clients and deadlines
- Must love music
- Preferred: Experience with eCommerce and UI//UX best practices
- Preferred: Experience with paid media and CRM data/tools
- Preferred: Experience with Vue.js
- Preferred: Familiarity with Google BigQuery
- Preferred: A background with Agile development/scrum frameworks
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Winter Break, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.