Aclima is seeking a Front End Engineering Lead to help bring direction and coordination to our front end engineering efforts. In this role you will help to define and improve the processes and outputs involved in Front End Engineering at Aclima in a transparent and empathetic manner. This role has three components: as a manager of our frontend engineers, as a technical lead responsible for the direction of front end engineering and as a senior independent contributor using your skills to craft best in class solutions for our flagship user interfaces. Collaborating with a cross functional team and working directly with product managers to define resourcing and creative opportunities for leveraging front end capabilities, you’ll use your experience to help solve the largest problems Aclima has identified in reducing emissions, protecting public health and advancing equity.
Aclima is pioneering an entirely new way to diagnose the health of our air and track climate-changing pollution. Powered by our network of roving and stationary sensors, Aclima measures air pollution and greenhouse gases at unprecedented scales and with block-by-block resolution. Our professional analytics software, Aclima Pro, translates billions of scientific measurements into environmental intelligence for governments, companies, and communities. Our free app, air.health, maps address-level air and climate insights for the communities we serve. Aclima is a purpose-driven technology company catalyzing bold climate action that protects public health, reduces emissions, and delivers clean air for all.
Aclima is one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World and #1 in Data Science, Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a WEF Technology Pioneer, and one of the top 100 companies in GovTech for 2022. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn. To learn more visit https://aclima.io.
As People Manager
- Manage direct reports on frontend engineering team
- Make decisions on resourcing teams and delegating work to provide the most impact
- Manage hiring for direct report roles, from postings through onboarding
As Front End Engineering Lead
- Lead on Front End direction and architecture initiatives
- Broadcast opportunities enabled by tech direction for product/design exploration
- Represent Front End Engineering technical perspective in cross functional meetings
- Internal tools interfaces advisor and collaborator
- Consult as needed across the various product teams
As Senior Front End Engineer
- Individually contribute to Aclima’s flagship products and user interfaces
- Provide high level estimation and feasibility in early stage design/product conversation
- Ensure existing interfaces are stable and will scale to future needs
- Manage defect intake and triage process to ensure the most performant user experiences
- Strong communicator, with the ability to communicate in written and spoken situations
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, with a focus on empathy and trust-building
- Passionate about code quality and knows how to enforce it
- Ability to constantly empathize with the user
- Constant desire to learn