Website Color of Change
About Color of Change:
Color Of Change is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country with millions of email and SMS subscribers. We specialize in providing our members with easy, strategic actions to take in response to racial injustices—that, when added with the voices of others—create the leverage for winning real-world change for Black people.
From challenging injustice to pushing back against Silicon Valley enablers of white supremacists, Color Of Change has a track record of holding decision-makers — corporate and political — accountable to Black people.
We utilize our data and analytics capabilities to turbocharge our campaigns for change. Our electoral campaigns, grassroots lobbying, and representation work generate a flood of data, some of which we are currently using to inform our work. So much more is possible. That’s why we are making additional investments in our data and analytics operation to ensure more and more of our data can be organized, analyzed, and leveraged to guide our strategic decisions.
In this role, you’ll work on improving program performance, which includes increasing member growth and engagement, optimizing tactics, and increasing fundraising. You’ll be working in a leadership role, focusing on coaching others to use data-informed strategies across the organization.
- Build strong relationships with campaigners and leadership to understand what questions they need answered and how best to present the insights
- Develop frameworks for how we organize metrics and goals across platforms, including email, social media, and website traffic
- Create intuitive reports or visualizations that can support decision-making, including progress-to-goals measurement
- Monitor longitudinal reporting to ensure it’s working properly and effectively communicate insights to inform decision making
- Oversee the creation of dashboards, memos, and other analytics products to turn analysis into clear insights and present recommendations
- Drive actionable insights from Google Analytics reporting and implementation
- Oversee the project plan infrastructure for experimentation, A/B testing, and targeting for email performance and member engagement
- Move research and survey projects from conception to implementation, with a focus on communicating actionable insights on member growth, retention, and conversion
- Manage vendor relationships to drive desired outcomes in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Improve list hygiene and deliverability, including developing data-informed approaches for retention, data quality, and matches to external platforms such as Facebook/Google ads manager, SMS tools, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A track record of fostering a data-driven culture by building relationships with stakeholders and showing the value of data for making decisions
- Experience analyzing multiple data sources in a SQL database, including well-documented, testable code demonstrating best practices for data integrity
- A background managing a team to achieve target outcomes through coaching, prioritization, and delegation
- A love for communicating analytics in a simple way to empower non-technical users
- A strong racial justice analysis with the ability to effectively integrate this analysis in your data work, including identifying moments where racial justice may affect the collection, analysis, and presentation of our data
- Hands-on experience developing reports and/or dashboards that tell a clear story in Looker, Tableau, or similar business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with common electoral and advocacy tech tools like ActionKit, NGP/VAN, calling & texting tools helpful, but not required
- Exposure to Python, R, Google Analytics, DBT, and/or cloud engineering tools helpful, but not required
- Dedication to the mission of Color Of Change: to help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people
Location: United States (fully remote)
Union Position: No
Reports to: Paul Gauthier, Data and Analytics Senior Director
Manages: Mahelet Fekade, Analytics Lead and Daniel Izquierdo, Analytics Engineer
Salary: $117,000 – $125,000/year. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance – Health benefits plus dental, vision, and affordable family coverage.
- Flex Spending Account – Tax free accounts to offset transportation and medical costs.
- 401K Plan – To save for retirement.
- Life Insurance & Disability – To protect you and your family.
- Generous Vacation Package – 17 days of vacation (almost 3 and a half weeks!) plus 9 sick days and 10 holidays each year.
- Paid Parental Leave – New parents get this time to spend with their family! 12 weeks if you’ve been here a year or more!
- Sabbatical – After 5 years employment, take some time to recharge and pursue personal projects.
Application deadline: March 22, 2023
How to Apply
Click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.