Website CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health
This position will be responsible for supporting the Dashboard Team at the CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health (www.cunyisph.org). The core work will focus on the development and implementation of emerging dashboard projects related to major public health issues and initiatives (e.g. HIV, hepatitis C, and sexual transmitted infections). This position will collaborate with dashboard team members to define and develop appropriate solutions for various data visualization and reporting needs. These solutions will typically involve the design, testing and implementation of dashboards and data visualizations primarily using Tableau Desktop/Server, as well as database management.
The CUNY Institute for Implementation Science in Population Health’s mission is to translate research into sustainable, cost-effective population-level interventions, strategies, initiatives, and policies with the potential to improve health and reduce health disparities at scale around the world. We do this by understanding biological mechanisms, subtypes and major drivers of disease, identifying program/service/policy implementation gaps driving suboptimal health outcomes at the population level, and by designing and conducting rigorous experimental and observational studies of the impact of strategies aimed at improving population health outcomes.
Develop, modify and publish dashboards, reports, and data visualizations in Tableau software.
Perform data management, data cleaning and statistical analysis using SAS, R, or other statistical programming language on infectious disease or other public health datasets.
Effectively communicate both technical and general information regarding HIV/AIDS, sexual transmitted infections, and other emerging infectious disease data to a variety of audiences including policy makers, public health professionals, and care providers/practitioners.
· Curate, maintain, and prepare datasets from multiple sources for integration with a dashboard database.
· Collaborate with dashboard team on design and review of wireframes of new data visualizations to display to public audience.
· Assist in quality control by completing data checks, testing and routine feedback on newly developed interactive dashboard features.
· Master’s degree in technical discipline (e.g. public health, computer science, information management, statistics, or related field.)
· 3+ years’ experience working with Tableau to develop dashboards and data visualizations, including experience developing custom scripts and data integration with other programs (i.e. R, Python, SAS) from multiple data sources.
· Experience with data cleaning, management, and statistical analysis of public health data (e.g. surveillance, population level surveys, etc.). Proficiency with SAS or R preferred.
· General knowledge and interest in effective methods to display and disseminate public health or related information to a broad audience.
· Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple tasks at once.
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Excellent writing, editing, research analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Strong MS Office software skills – advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are minimum requirements.
· Familiarity with WordPress and Google Analytics is a plus.
· Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
· Professional attitude and team player
Interested candidates should apply with a resume, cover letter, and dashboard/data visualization examples (if applicable)