What we do…
Our visualization team is internationally recognized for building custom interactive visualizations with a focus on impact and clarity.
What you will do…
We’re looking for someone to be involved with all aspects of the design process, including ideation, UX, wireframing, and visual design. We want someone who is excited by the idea of bringing clarity to the complex and has the design chops to ensure ‘clear’ doesn’t translate to ‘boring’; someone who knows how to engage an audience. As a member of the team you will:
- Hand sketch, wireframe, and mockup application interface and visualization designs
- Work with clients to understand requirements and develop use cases, user profiles, visual narratives, and guidelines to help bring our vision to life
- Work with developers and analysts to create stunning custom visualizations for our clients
- Clean, explore and analyze data sets to validate assumptions and discover new patterns, trends, and insights.
- Brainstorm and develop new ideas and methods for visualizing client data
- Polish, tweak and perfect the team’s work
- Help define the design guidelines for our organization
- Learn from the talented people surrounding you and work hard to help them learn from your unique skill set
- Collaborate with clients to create effective solutions that exceed expectations
- Lead internal teams to ensure the vision becomes a reality.
What we look for…
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about their work and the contribution they can make. You genuinely enjoy problem-solving and finding patterns. The harder the challenge, the harder it is to put it down until you crack it. The perfect candidate should:
- Have experience developing interfaces that are both easy to use and engaging
- Have a portfolio of designs that express your passion for this field and display your ability to bring clarity to the complex
- Have an eye for what needs changing in a design and be able to explain how and why those changes will be effective
- Be able to point to one of your favourite visualizations/interfaces and explain what makes it so good
- Have the skills in Sketch, Illustrator, Figma or an equivalent application to develop high-quality graphics
- Be excited to dig into data and ideally have familiarity with Excel, R, Tableau or Python
- Be well-organized, able to communicate with clients, able to effectively manage development team members
- Believe in our values
Working at Darkhorse…
Darkhorse is not like other companies. We eschew titles and power structures. Your career is not a ladder from designer, to senior designer, to lead designer, to chief creative officer. Instead, it is a path toward mastery. You will gain skill, confidence, reputation, and influence all the while having substantial autonomy. Your work will be viewed by millions, and your voice will be heard and respected by the wider visualization community. You will have an impact.
Darkhorse provides an environment that enables and recognizes success. Our competitive compensation package will include a salary commensurate with your skill and experience. Remote work allowed.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.