Website MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art)
Provide instruction for Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) graduate students and to convey knowledge of multiple elements of data analytics from a professional perspective.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Holds instructional class session once a week for the duration of the class
- Collaborate and coordinate with Program leadership and faculty
- Holds office hours once a week for the duration of the class
- Provides core instruction to satisfy primary learning objectives of course
- Provides timely feedback on and assessment of student work
- Works directly with the curriculum team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare lesson plans for the duration of the course.
- Deliver live lectures for students once a week for 8 weeks
- Maintain consistent communication with students:
- Holding at least one hour of regular office hours every week.
- Replying to any student communication within 24 hours.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on student work.
- Maintenance of Canvas course current throughout the term
The Statistics and Analysis 2 course will expand upon the concepts of data aggregation, grouping methods, data cleaning, and more complex methods of presentation. Students will explore tools and applications that help in transforming data into visualizations.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Use R Markdown to capture the workflow used to do data analytics and visualization
- Create different presentation formats to communicate and share the workflow & results
- Perform more complex data manipulations required to generate visualizations
- Create and style ggplot() visualizations
- Apply the concepts that connect statistical properties of data with visual encodings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of related professional experience