Website NACCHOalerts National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
The R&E Specialist is responsible for providing professional support for programs or internal functional activities and typically performs moderately difficult analysis, research, evaluation, writing, and project coordination, under the direction of a director. The Specialist can complete projects or components of large-scale projects/programs with little supervision. This individual may represent NACCHO at external conferences and meetings with stakeholders.
Salary $57,590 – $60,645
Position Specific Duties
- Program Evaluation
- Supports the design of evaluation activities for NACCHO programs, under the direction of the Director of Evaluation.
- Supports the implementation of evaluation activities, including interviews and focus groups, pre/posttest of program interventions, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and evaluation reporting.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to NACCHO programs for data collection activities, including use of specialized survey software (Qualtrics) across the organization.
- Data Communications
- Supports the development of products presenting NACCHO research and evaluation data (e.g., reports, presentations, infographics), under the direction of the Lead Analyst- Evaluation & Data Communications.
- Supports the implementation of data dissemination strategies to improve uptake among diverse audiences, including identifying timely data stories and sharing data insights through relevant communications channels (e.g., NACCHO’s social media, news).
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to NACCHO programs and NACCHO’s Marketing and Communications team for reporting, visualizing, and disseminating research and evaluation data.
- Other Research & Evaluation Contributions
- Co-authors written products based on R&E-led studies, including methodology, charts, figures, and analytical text.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant professional field with 1–3 years of relevant experience and/or advanced technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. An advanced degree may be substituted for work experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience computing basic descriptive statistics (percentages, means, medians)
- Experience collecting qualitative data (via interviews, focus groups) and accurately summarizing the data
- Ability to apply storytelling techniques to translate research and evaluation data into actionable insights
- Experience using and administering web-based survey systems (Qualtrics preferred)
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (N-Vivo preferred)
- Experience using data visualization software (Excel required, PowerBI and ArcGIS preferred)
To apply for this job please visit careers.naccho.org.