Website nacchoalerts National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
SALARY RANGE: $57,590 – $60,645
Be a part of a dynamic team whose work enriches the health of communities by strengthening city and county health departments. At the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), we are united by our work to improve our country’s 3,000 U.S. local health departments. We represent the voice of local public health while striving to live out our core values of equity, excellence, participation, respect, integrity, leadership, science and innovation. We provide our employees with meaningful work, opportunities to learn and grow, a strong work/life balance, and a flexible, hybrid work schedule while being a part of a collaborative team.
We are interested in growing our team with passionate, committed, and innovative individuals. The Research & Evaluation Specialist will join NACCHO at a time of dynamic growth. This position is important in the Programs Department.
The R&E Specialist is responsible for providing professional support for programs or internal functional activities and typically performs moderately difficult analysis, research, evaluation, writing, and project coordination, under the direction of a director. The Specialist can complete projects or components of large-scale projects/programs with little supervision. This individual may represent NACCHO at external conferences and meetings with stakeholders.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Supports the design of evaluation activities for NACCHO programs, under the direction of the Director of Evaluation.
- Supports the implementation of evaluation activities, including interviews and focus groups, pre/posttest of program interventions, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and evaluation reporting.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to NACCHO programs for data collection activities, including use of specialized survey software (Qualtrics) across the organization.
- Supports the development of products presenting NACCHO research and evaluation data (e.g., reports, presentations, infographics), under the direction of the Lead Analyst- Evaluation & Data Communications.
- Supports the implementation of data dissemination strategies to improve uptake among diverse audiences, including identifying timely data stories and sharing data insights through relevant communications channels (e.g., NACCHO’s social media, news).
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to NACCHO programs and NACCHO’s Marketing and Communications team for reporting, visualizing, and disseminating research and evaluation data.
Other Research & Evaluation Contributions
- Co-authors written products based on R&E-led studies, including methodology, charts, figures, and analytical text.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant professional field with 1–3 years of relevant experience and/or advanced technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. An advanced degree may be substituted for work experience. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience computing basic descriptive statistics (percentages, means, medians)
- Experience collecting qualitative data (via interviews, focus groups) and accurately summarizing the data
- Ability to apply storytelling techniques to translate research and evaluation data into actionable insights
- Experience using and administering web-based survey systems (Qualtrics preferred)
- Experience with qualitative data analysis software (N-Vivo preferred)
- Experience using data visualization software (Excel required, PowerBI and ArcGIS preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continually required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk for job-related reasons.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Occasionally required to travel
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
To apply for this job please visit lnkd.in.