Data driven tools Climate Change, Biodiversity, and Inequality.
We are looking to grow the Project Management Team at Vizzuality with people with digital product experience, a high level of ownership, organization, and collaboration skills, as well as a passion for the creation of a more sustainable and equitable world for all life on Earth.
We have operations in Spain, Portugal, and the UK, and at this moment, people are working remotely or at our office in Madrid. You are very welcome to join us if you are eligible and willing to work in any of these three countries.
We are offering a salary range of 30K – 39K Euros (depending on your experience).
Would you like to be part of Vizzuality’s story?
Are you motivated by the desire to help build a sustainable planet for all life on Earth? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Vizzuality’s purpose is to reach a fair and sustainable planet by creating tools that radically empower people to make positive changes now.
We are a world-leading technology, design, and science agency. We design and develop data-driven tools and applications for international organizations that focus on Climate Change, Biodiversity, and Inequality.
Solving such large and complex problems will bring you into contact with new technology and some of the world’s most interesting organizations and academics in machine learning, remote sensing, and planetary data. You’ll be working on projects like these:
Skills and experiences we are looking for in a candidate
(*) Even if you think you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team and aligned with our purpose!
Must have skills and experience:
- Experience leading software engineer and/or digital products teams.
- Delivery: Ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and budget. Managing changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Leadership: Working closely with the team and our clients to shape the project from the beginning. You can galvanize a team to deliver a project vision and provide the tools they need to succeed.
- Organisation: You have well-developed prioritization and organization skills. You are good at coordinating teammates and third parties/vendors/freelancers for the flawless execution of projects, and delegating tasks and responsibilities when appropriate.
- Building Relations: Creating honest and durable relationships with our clients that generate new work opportunities.
- Communications: You are an excellent communicator, both in writing and speaking. You can effectively communicate project expectations, motivate the team, and command the attention of a group. You feel comfortable communicating with financial and exec teams about performance, expected closing dates, progress, risks, and opportunities.
Anything else to impress us? Over time, we’d like this role to take on more responsibility. If you have some experience in any of the points below or would like to learn more about any of them, we would love to hear more about it in your application.
- Strategy: Developing a project and product strategy and the means to track progress involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and client satisfaction.
- Creativity: Identifying needs and opportunities to implement new ways of doing things or solutions in a project. You are relentless when it comes to exploring and finding better solutions and making suggestions to improve the way we do things.
- Knowledge Sharing: Making sure that your team creates and maintains comprehensive and easily accessible project documentation.
For more information about the role, our culture, compensation & benefits, and the hiring process please check this link