Website Yale-NUS College
Leading liberal arts and sciences college in Asia
Yale-NUS College is seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science. We are looking for a talented and ambitious investigator to join the research group of Asst. Prof. Michael T. Gastner to work on an exciting project funded by the Singapore Ministry of Education titled “Designing mobile-friendly cartograms for visualising geospatial data”. This project is co-led by Assoc. Prof. Chen-Chieh Feng (NUS) and Asst. Prof. Simon Perrault (SUTD). The appointed Postdoctoral Fellow will develop new cartogram software that is suitable for interactive use on mobile devices. The objectives are (1) human-subject experiments that test how cartograms are used on electronic devices and (2) improved cartographic algorithms and thematic map designs. We envision that the newly developed software will be used by educators and national statistics agencies to communicate geospatial data with intuitive and engaging visualizations.
Applicants should have a relevant PhD. Preferred fields of specialization are human-computer interaction, data visualization, and cartography.
The successful candidate is expected to begin duties on 1 August 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and will be offered a contract for up to 3 years. This is a full-time position.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials to Assistant Professor Michael Gastner via email at email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining why the position at Yale-NUS is of interest
- CV including complete list of publications
- Statement on research interests
- Contact Information for 3 References
Review of applications begins on 31 May 2022 and continues until the position is filled. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A prospective candidate should have the following:
- PhD in computer science, statistics, geography, or a closely related field from a regionally or internationally accredited institution (essential).
- Experience of working in a research environment (essential).
- Knowledge of experimental design and computational geometry (desirable).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com